Sunday, September 24, 2006

Guai Not?

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia the summer of 2005. My doctor thinks a case of Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever I had triggered fibromyalgia; I never fully recovered and continue to have incredible pain and fatigue. As most people who have fibromyalgia know, you suffer from an incredible change in lifestyle. Many days are spent in bed and my health seems to be getting worse instead of getting better.

I have been seeing a wonderful doctor and she herself suffers from this disease. The medications that I am taking currently are: neurotin, cymbalta, tramadal, etodolac and various muscle relaxers. While they do help, I continue to suffer, and that is why I have decided to try guaifenesin. I have not come to this decision lightly. For one, I am terrified of the reversal pain that I know I will face. Second, my doctor doesn't support my decision. Third, I have found the whole concept of finding salicylate-free products overwhelming. It has taken me about 6 months to commit to trying guai, but there is no turning back now. This blog is all about my journey - the good, the bad, and the ugly.


Technorati Profile

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Candace! Your blog looks great! I can't wait to see how your progress goes!

Prayers for this treatment to work.

Love ya sis!

Unknown said...

Hi Candace... I found this journey of yours to be very interesting. If I'm doing this right, it seems to stop after Sept 06. What happened next? Did it work?
marymcteapot@gmail.com