Saturday, September 30, 2006

4 more days until "G" day...

My sal-free products will arrive on Tuesday so I will begin taking my guai on Wednesday. Right now I am working on getting as many salicylates out of my body as I can...I don't know if if makes a difference, but I figure it can't hurt.

The thing I will struggle with the most (other than the increased pain of course) will be giving up my BC powders. I have struggled with migraines for most of my adult life and have tried many medications. The only thing that has consistently worked are BC powders. They are cheap, no prescription is needed and they work. Win,win, win. But sadly they are loaded with salicylates since the main ingredient is aspirin.

I can avoid many headaches if I am careful about what I eat and if I get the sleep I need. MSG has proven to be a migraine trigger for me, so I have to be careful of that. Sleep...well, that's a whole 'nuther ballgame. I love the nights. Since I am a SAHM and a homeschooler, my days are spent with my children. When 9:00pm rolls around and the house is quiet, I have a hard time going to sleep. It's not that I am wide awake- I could definitely sleep... I just don't want to. I really love staying up late and enjoying "my time". Lately "my time" has gotten a wee bit out of hand, and I've stayed up way longer than I should have. I am definitely going to need to be stricter with myself. I won't even talk about the effect not enough quality sleep has on fibromyalgia - it is not good.

It is time to start doing everything in my power to take care of myself.

No comments: