Monday, September 25, 2006

Salicylate Free Products

When I first decided to try the guaifenesin protocol by Dr. Amand, the first challenge I was facing was figuring out which products I use contain salicylates. So many products such as aspirin, shampoos, soaps, make-up, lotions, etc. contain salicylates. When you begin the guaifenesin protocol, you must not use any products that contain these salicylates because they will block the guai. This scares me; it scares me because missing just one product can stop the guai from working.

What I decided to do was play it safe and buy all new products. I had a very hard time going through the ingredients of my make-up etc. trying to figure out what was a salicylate and what was not. Not only are there so many different names and types of salicylates, the writing on many of my products is microscopic. I used a magnifying glass, but it just couldn't cut through my fibrofog.

I found some great websites that have either all salicylate free products, or they have special sections for these products. (I'm adding them to the links section) I placed my order on Saturday and as soon as I receive everything I will be getting started - I can't wait!

No comments: